Kids watches are a great way to help your child learn to tell time by reading hours, minutes, and seconds. So choosing the right watch is important. Here are some things to consider when you buy kids’ watches.
A watch is now the most popular fashion accessory for kids. It’s no longer just something that shows the time, it’s also a status symbol with many models looking more like adult timepieces than children’s watches. Dressier metal link bands and upscale patterns replace velcro or plastic straps.
Watches are the next step in the evolution of kids’ watches, and it’s a definite improvement. You can find an excellent selection of dressy watches for boys and girls under $20 at some stores, but you’ll spend more money if you want a watch with more features.
So let’s list some of our favorite watches and why they are good for your kid:
Table of Contents
1. VTech KidiZoom Smartwatch DX2
The VTech Kidizoom Smartwatch DX2 is for kids who want to have fun and stay connected. It’s the perfect smartwatch for your little one! With this watch, your child can take photos, videos, selfies, or even make funny faces with the built-in camera. And they can share their pictures and videos with friends by uploading them to a computer. The Kidizoom Smartwatch DX2 also comes with motion sensor games that will get your kid moving while learning! A high-tech option with a lot of features but for a nice price!
2. INUPO Kids Smart Watch
This Kids Smart Watch by INIUPO is a perfect learning gift for children. It can help your kids to learn different languages, time and date, math skills, etc. With the smart kids watch you can also make calls to friends or family with this smartwatch. The smartwatch has two cameras on it so that your child can take pictures of their day at school or when they are out playing with friends. It has many functions such as 17 Puzzle games, 3 Alarms Clock, 8 languages…and more.
3. CakCity Kids Watch
The CakCity Kids watch is another great option suitable for those active kids. This sports watch is a perfect fit for all kinds of sports and it’s really suitable for boys outdoor play. 50m waterproof, shockproof, dustproof, stopwatch, calendar, etc. It has a large dial and numbers with light, showing time clear in the dark It also has a nice torch lamp that can be used in the dark.
4. Little Tikes Tobi Robot Smartwatch
Little Tikes has done it again! This smartwatch is the perfect gift for your child. It features fun expressions, sound effects, and play games. The watch also comes with an augmented reality game that allows you to search for hidden objects in the real world by moving the watch around.
Your child will love taking pictures and videos with this camera-equipped smartwatch, which can be used to track fitness and steps taken throughout the day.
5. Timex Time Machines
The Timex Kids Watch is a digital watch with an adjustable 18mm double-layered nylon strap that fits up to a 6-inch wrist circumference. It has chronograph, alarm, and day-date calendar features. The blue and black 35mm resin case comes with an acrylic lens; an easy-to-read gray digital display; an Indiglo light-up watch dial.
Water-resistant to 50 m (165 ft): In general, suitable for short periods of recreational swimming, but not diving or snorkeling. A more simple option is definitely great for those summer times when you need to swim!
6. A ALPS Kids Watch
This is a kids’ watch with a multifunction design. It has an LED backlight, date, 12/24 hour, alarm, stopwatch, and 50M waterproof. Great birthday and Christmas gift for the kids. High-quality PU strap, soft and comfortable, shockproof, effectively protect your child’s wrist. Buckle design, easy to adjust the size. Transparent and durable glass resin mirror, excellent wear resistance. Not no need to worry about naughty kids breaking the clock.
7. Jsbaby Smart Watch
This smartwatch for kids includes many interesting games, it’s fun and easy to use. The network mode of this children’s smartwatch phone is GSM 2G. You should insert the Micro SIM card to use the call function. You can set three numbers as SOS emergency in this kids smartwatch, when kids are in danger, they can press the SOS button for help. This smartwatch for kids includes many interesting games, it’s fun and easy to use. The network mode of this children’s smartwatch phone is GSM. This smartwatch for kids includes many interesting games.
FAQ Best Watch for Kids
The right watch is one that your child can easily read. The face should be big enough for them to see without squinting or straining. Even if they can’t read the numbers on the face, they should be able to recognize the shapes of the numbers. You should also avoid watches that are too heavy, since they may cause your child’s arm to droop.
Kids’ watches can be made of plastic, metal, or cloth straps. Metal is the most durable and easiest for kids to adjust themselves. Plastic has a more casual look and is less likely to break if dropped than metal. What the watch is made of will also be a consideration. Rubber and plastic watches are waterproof, so they can handle being worn in the pool or bathtub without having to be taken off. You may want a brightly colored band or a sports style, but if it distracts you from learning how to read an analog face, then you may want to choose something more neutral.
There are hundreds of styles to choose from. Some watches have digital faces with other features like alarms, stopwatches, and calculators. The best watch for kids will not only tell the time but also expose them to different ideas about what makes a good design.
Kids’ watches vary widely in price depending on their special features. High-end kid’s watches can cost over a hundred dollars. For a watch that’s simply telling time, you should be able to find one for less than ten dollars. Look for kids’ watches on sale to save even more money.
The best watch for your child will be one that she can easily read and understand, is comfortable to wear, and has a look that appeals to her. It should also match the clothes you want her to wear, but it doesn’t have to match school uniforms if they’re not allowed.
The best watch for kids will be one that they can use to learn about telling time and also have fun with. A good pick will last the whole school year, so only look for a new watch once you’re ready for a new style or if your child has outgrown it.
What To Look For In A Kids Watch
Once you’ve determined what size is best, then you can consider what features your child needs most from their watch. Some of the best watches for kids have some or all of the following features:
– Digital display
– Alarm clock
– Water resistance
Each feature will be appealing to your child, depending on their age and interests. For example, an alarm clock is probably most important to older children. A digital display may attract the attention of a child who likes to see lots of colors and movement. A stopwatch would be most important to a fast-moving kid or one trying out for a sports team. And water resistance is only as useful as your child’s comfort level with bathing suits, flippers, goggles, lifelines, etc. For kids under 8 years old, there are many great watches available that will appeal to their interests and needs. For kids 8 and up, look for a watch with more advanced features.
Consider their preferences
a needs as well as what’s available and their age, and you’re sure to choose the best watch for your child. When you shop for a watch for your kid, remember that you are not shopping for you. Leave your personal wishes and desires aside. Here are some tips to help you choose the best watch for your kid:
Always remember that before choosing a good kids’ wristwatch, you must consider the child’s age and preferences. You must also focus on what he or she needs from their watch. Determine what features would be most important to your child and which ones have the most value for your child. For example, a stopwatch may be useless to a preschooler, but a useful feature for a teenager who plays high school sports.
When you’re looking for the right kids’ watch, it’s also important to consider things that are not immediately observable. Consider how much time and energy you’ll have to spend learning how to set the watch. Is it complicated? Will you be able to teach your child how to use this feature or will the task be too difficult for you both?
Another consideration is comfort. Does the watch feel secure on their wrist? Can they wear it while playing, swimming, or doing other activities that would normally cause them to remove their watch? If you can’t answer these questions simply by looking at the specs, try on a variety of sizes and models before choosing.
When looking for kids’ wristwatches it’s important to consider your child’s age. From school-aged children all the way up to young adults, there are suitable watches that will allow them to tell time while still being a fun accessory.
For younger children, colorful analog watches with easy-to-read faces will do the best job of keeping them interested. These are great for telling time to young children who have no real need to be on time themselves yet. They’re also perfect for preschoolers who can’t tell time but want to wear a watch anyway.
For older kids, there are digital watches with features that can be helpful for them as they learn to tell time. These are good options for school-aged children who have begun to understand the telling time and need something more than just a standard analog watch. Some also have fun features like alarms, timers, multiple time zones, thermometers, and even games that can keep your child occupied.
For teens and preteens, more advanced options are available. Digital watches with lots of features appeal to older children who have a need for being on time as well as having fun with their watch. Some even have basic cell phone features including calendars, texting alerts, email notifications, voice recorders, and even Internet access.
For kids of all ages, there are watches that aren’t just for telling time, but also to have fun with. Whether they have video games on them or music players built-in, these watches will keep your child entertained throughout the day while also being a great accessory.
When choosing a kid’s watch, you will need to decide whether or not you want it to have an alarm or a stopwatch feature. Both are convenient if your child needs them for school or an activity, but having one can also cause distractions from learning to tell time. With all this, we hope you will make the right decision when getting a watch for your young one.
If these weren’t enough, check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- Kids spend less time charging and more time moving with up to 8 days of battery (varies with use and other factors)
- Animated clock faces grow and develop as kids move more throughout the day
- All-day activity tracking shows how healthy habits add up to a healthier life
- Help kids form healthy sleep habits with sleep tracking, bedtime reminders and silent alarms
- Bring on the pool party cannonballs or lunchtime spills—Fitbit Ace 3 is water resistant to 50 meters
- Adjustable pink 16mm elastic fabric strap fits up to 6-inch wrist circumference
- Easy-to-read blue dial with minutes marked for learning; fun rotating graphic as second hand
- Pink glitter-infused 28mm resin case with acrylic lens
- Water resistant to 30m (100ft): in general, withstands splashes or brief immersion in water, but not suitable for swimming or bathing
- Includes interactive app experience that lets kids go on a garmin world tour; kiddos can uncover and tour exciting new places (requires garmin jr. app loaded on...
- Durable, swim-friendly fitness tracker features a large color display with multiple watch face options and up to 1 year of battery life — no recharging...
- Motivates kids to achieve active minute goals that unlock entertaining app adventures, games and icons (requires garmin jr. app loaded on parent’s compatible...
- For easy chore management, parents can use the garmin jr. app to assign tasks, schedule alerts and alarms, and reward kids for good behavior (requires garmin...
- See the full picture by tracking your kid’s steps, estimated sleep and 60 minutes of daily recommended activity
- 1 year battery life no recharging needed. The display size is 0.39 x 0.39 inches
- 24/7 wearability swim friendly with 5 ATM water resistance. Display resolution 64 x 64 pixels
- Kid tough easy to put on, the 1 size fits most, nonstaining, 1 piece band stretches over your child’s hand and fits comfortably
- Ages 4—9 years; Bands: Regular size accommodates wrists up to 145 mm; X large fits wrists 146 170 mm. vívofit 3 bands are compatible. Physical dimensions:...
- Compatible parent mobile app free app includes fun and educational mobile adventures for kids and chore/behavior management for parents; OS compatible Android...
- The Spiderman kids smart watch comes loaded with kid-friendly features for your child to enjoy smart wearables just like the grown ups! However unlike...
- With no wifi, calling or texting, you can rest assured of your child's safety and security while they enjoy the various cool age-appropriate features. This...
- This Spiderman kids wearable includes a selfie camera for taking pictures, photo album viewer, video player, voice recorder, calculator, alarm clock, pedometer...
- We put careful detail and thought into designing and developing this smart watch for children. This smart wearable for kids is trendy, fashionable, and features...
- Long-lasting rechargeable battery makes the need to buy and replace batteries a thing of the past! Includes USB charging cable. Charge at least three hours...
- 【All Day Monitoring】WAFA Fitness Tracker Automatically Continuously Track Real-Time Heart Rate, Blood Pressure and Your Sleep Time and Quality in the Night,...
- 【Multifunction】Sport Mode, Steps, GPS Motion Trajectory, Sport Kilometres, Calories, Heart rate Reminder, Message Reminder, Take a Photo, Find your Phone,...
- 【Long Standby Time】If You Are Tired of Frequent Charging, WAFA Fitness Tracker Can Help You. Smart Watch with High Performance, Low Power Chip Can Last Up...
- 【Waterproof Smart Watch】Fitness Watch is Waterproof IP67, Can Be Used For Life Waterproofing And Resisting Dust, Support Metric / Imperial Unit Switching,...
- 【Excellent After-Sales Service】Buy WAFA Fitness Tracker you can have Worry-free Return/Exchange after-sale support services, If there are any...
- Super Easy To Use and Set Up - The Inspiratek Fitness Tracker has a One-Touch system for easy use!
- Perfect for Boys and Girls Age 5 to 16 - The custom design is built to fit Securely and Comfortably!
- Multi-Functional Fitness Tracker - Comes with Over 10 Built In Functions and a helpful Custom App!
- Awesome Gift Idea for Sons and Daughters - Perfect for Birthdays and any gift occasions!
- Satisfaction Guarantee - Our customers are our #1 priority. Let us know if you have any questions!
- Adjustable & washable elastic fabric strap
- White easy-to-read dial with minutes marked for Learning
- Rotating butterfly graphic as second hand
- 100% worry-free replacement plan
- Water resistant to 30 meters (100 feet): in general, withstands splashes or brief immersion in water, but not suitable for swimming or bathing
- 【3D Cartoon Design:】Dream strap with 3D colorful lifelike cute cartoon design, each cartoon image is lively and interesting which make kids very vigorous...
- 【Easy to Read】7 colorful LED backglights, large dial and numbers. Just press the backlight button on the left for 3 seconds, these seven backlight colors...
- 【Fashion Multi Function】 This watch with the functions of 50M waterproof, shockproof, alarm clock, week, date, back light, calendar, 12H/24H time etc. Can...
- 【Best Quality】 The cartoon watch through international CE certification, can be rest assured to wear. Made from the silicone strap, Japanese movement and...
- Minimum Manufacturer Age Recommended 3 years old.
- Product is not a toy. For kids ages 8 and above.
- Bright and Fun: Lacoste.12.12 for kids is a vibrant and lively tribute to the iconic polo shirt. Its silicone strap with a textured petit piqué design and...
- Quality Materials: aqua blue TR90 composite material case, white Arabic dial, aqua blue silicone strap.
- Quartz Accuracy: Quartz movement provides precise timekeeping and minimal maintenance for a reliable and worry-free timepiece
- Caring for your Timepiece: Your Lacoste watch has been developed with meticulous attention to quality,function and detail. A maintenance interval of 3-5 years...
- This Spiderman digital kids watch is the perfect gift for your little one! With a clear, easy to read digital display and accurate Quartz movement, this digital...
- Trendy kids accessory featuring the Spiderman characters they love, this digital watch for kids is something your child will use daily, learn to tell time, and...
- With easy to use features and a simplistic design, your child will be reading and telling you the time in no-time!
- This kids digital watch for boys and girls comes with a kid-friendly, easy to open box, perfect for gift wrapping. This makes for a great gift idea for party...
- This kids watch comes with a watch battery, as well as a One Year Warranty from Accutime Watch. Not waterproof. Case diameter: 37mm
- ALL-DAY ACTIVITY TRACKING WATCH: Record all-day activities like calories burned, steps, distance, active minutes, and sleep quality, you can get the complete...
- CALL & MESSAGES REMINDER: The fitness watch will vibrate your hand when you receive a call or SMS and SNS (Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Instagram, and...
- USB DIRECTLY CHARGING: This fit watch is wireless USB charging. Take off the band then you can put the USB side into a normal USB port.
- LONGER BATTERY LIFE: Full charge requires only about 1-2Hours and using time can be 5-10days. Suits for wrist size of the fitness watch for men women kids is...
- PERFECT GIFT & WARMING SERVICE: The smartwatch has more practical functions, including remote camera control, music control, weather forecast, etc. It is...