75 to 100 mg of protein is essential. Many officials recommend it for every pregnant lady to make her child thrive as protein only from food is not enough to provide adequate nutrition to a pregnant lady. So we conclude the best pregnancy-safe protein powders that you can use in your pregnancy and fulfill the daily requirement of protein. These protein powders are selected based on the nutrition they provide to the consumer.
They not only provide nutritional health to the baby but are also essential for the mother herself. A healthy diet is not something to avoid during pregnancy. Keep in mind that the effects of diet are not only on the baby but also on the carrier. Protein powders are said to be the best alternative supplement to protein.
So make sure to attend this article with your concentration so you would be able to select the best protein powder available in the market. Further, the description of factors should be mentioned on your protein powder to provide you with the best value and nutrition you demand from these powders.
Table of Contents
Best Pregnancy-Safe Protein Powders Reviews
Here is the list of the three best pregnancy-safe protein powders that you can use reliably during your pregnancy to provide you and your child with all healthy and required nutrients. They are made highly suitable and recommended by professionals to the carrier mothers.
1. Naked Whey Grass Protein Powder – Protein Powder For Pregnant Women
Since many mothers have complained about nausea from every food they take during the pregnancy, this protein powder is made for them. It not only is highly nutritious but contains a high percentage of various nutrients, which are said to be sufficient in pregnancy.
This protein powder is also very delicious to help you avoid nausea and vomiting. It consists of a unique formulation and combination of proteins that help you provide strength and energy to your bones and body. It maximizes the muscle growth in you and your baby, which is essential for your baby’s healthy development.
Further, no additives and sweeteners were added, so we can say that this protein powder is reliable and safe in every way. Additionally, the product is gluten-free, so if you are allergic to gluten, you can use this protein powder without worrying about allergies. Moreover, it can be used in various food items such as smoothies, shakes, and salads so that you can use it according to the taste.
It includes glutathione supplements, lean protein, and essential amino acids needed for development and growth. This is treated with the cold-pressed system, which means that it does not contain any chemical contamination. So this protein powder is highly recommended for every pregnant lady to keep up with the needs and requirements of minerals and vitamins throughout their pregnancy scenario.
Naked Whey Grass Protein Powder is a reliable protein powder that you can safely take in during pregnancy. It can be added to salads, shakes, and smoothies to enhance their taste. This protein powder does not contain any sweeteners or chemicals, so it is highly recommended for pregnant ladies.
2. Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein Unflavored Powder – Best Pregnancy Protein Powder
With various ingredients, including vitamins such as vitamin A, D, K, And vitamin E, this protein supplement also increases digestion and does not produce any heat burn. It also contains digestive protein enzymes, which help digest the food more conveniently and quickly.
Remember that this protein powder belongs to the company garden of life. Only the brand’s name is enough to make sure that the Powder is reliable to be used in pregnancy. This company has been working in food for many years and is making highly reliable and healthy foods.
Furthermore, it is very pure in the making and does not contain added preservatives and chemicals. The making process of this protein powder included sprouting of 13 various herbs, legumes, seeds, and grains. This naturally increases the biological benefits of these food items and makes the overall protein powder easy to digest.
Moreover, it will provide you with a tasty and low-calorie supplement of food that will help you and your child grow in a healthy and nutritious environment. Furthermore, it also helps you in staying healthy without gaining any weight. This protein powder is gluten-free and dairy-free in the making, which makes it highly suitable for those who are prone to allergies.
Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein Unflavored Powder is a protein powder that is the easiest to digest. It is gluten-free and sugar-free, making it reliable for those who have the problem of allergies. You can say that this dairy-free product is very healthy and provides you with various nutrients you need.
3. Vega Protein Powder Shake – Best Protein Powder While Pregnant
It belongs to the very old and reliable company famous for producing protein powders to help expectant mothers grow their children healthily. It not only provides the child with fundamental building blocks of the body but also helps the mother to stay healthy, energetic, and strengthened throughout this period.
This protein powder collected the proteins from various plant sources such as broccoli, spinach, organic kale, and alfalfa. Being gluten-free and sugar-free and having no chemicals and preservatives, this product is not a medical supplement but is an organic one for you. It provides you with the body’s fundamental building block in a healthy manner.
Moreover, because this protein powder is 100% natural and plant-based protein powder this means that it is gluten-free and preservatives-free. You can consume this powder by adding it to different foods according to your needs, such as yogurt, milk salads, fruits, and peanut butter. It can keep the consumer full for a longer time.
As this protein powder is effortless to digest, it has been seen that it is the most favorite one for those upcoming mommies who are suffering from heartburn after eating anything. Moreover, this product has cleared all the quality check tests, so we can say that it is highly reliable and trustworthy to be used by pregnant ladies.
Vega Protein Powder Shake is a highly versatile and easy-to-digest protein powder. It is made up of all-natural hundred percent chemical-free plant-based food items. Moreover, this protein powder has cleared all the quality check tests, making it highly reliable for pregnant mothers.
Guide To Pick The Best Protein Powder
Here is the list of features that should be present in the protein powder you purchase for pregnancy. Make sure to look for these features to get what you want from protein powder.
Different kinds of protein powders consist of a range of nutrients and minerals. And every product is different in the ratio of these nutrients. Make sure to buy the protein powder that contains the maximum value of nutrients. Moreover, check for the nutritional label mentioned on the Powder and be sure you purchase the ideal product that will help you grow your baby healthily.
Organic Or Inorganic?
While selecting the best protein powder to be taken in pregnancy, you should choose the organic one. The protein powders, in their natural forms and close to nature, are less dangerous, almost 0%. Make sure to search for the protein powder, close to nature and consists of more minor chemical compounds in it. This would be the best protein substitute for you in your pregnancy as it would provide you with all the nutrition in a healthy manner.
Vegan Plant Powder
Pregnancy is a time when various conditions coexist together. Many mothers complain of heartburn or digestion issues throughout all three trimesters. To avoid such indigestion conditions, many mothers prefer to select vegan plant protein powder, composed of plant material. These powders are easy to digest and do not cause any heat inside your stomach. To give your baby an energetic and healthy lifestyle inside your womb, make sure to work and pay proper attention to you and your diet.
Gluten-Free And Sweetener Free
These are the features and characteristics typically seen present in the protein powders. But make sure that the protein powder you are searching for is gluten-free, specifically if the consumer is allergic to gluten. Keep in mind to look for the features related to your medical health.
Another common feature generally present in protein powder is the no addition of sweetener. This is another important note which needs the attention of the user. Moreover, these are essential features and are related to medical health issues, so make sure to select the protein powder which is adequate and suitable according to your medical advice.
Is protein powder safe during pregnancy?
Yes, you can take protein powder safely and reliably during pregnancy. They are said to be the ideal source of calcium, proteins, minerals, and necessary vitamins which you need in your pregnancy. You can reliably have protein shakes for a healthy meal or snack. What matters is to select the best protein powder allowed in pregnancy.
What are the benefits of protein powder during pregnancy?
These are the basic building blocks of the human body. A mother is carrying a baby in her womb, and she needs to supply an enormous amount of vitamins, minerals, and proteins to her baby. If you are a pregnant woman, take the proper supply and the right kind of protein in your diet. You will get more strength, power, and support in your body to provide healthy growth for your baby.
How do you use a protein powder?
There are different ways to consume protein powder in your diet. The best option we have is the making of a smoothie and adding a protein powder to it. You can also go with the making of a simple protein shake and adding the protein powder into a salad.
Are there any protein powders for heartburn?
Yes, there are many protein powders that are easy to digest and help you out with your heartburn. This is because heart burning is the problem that every pregnant lady often faces. This problem keeps the lady away from the food and can cause her malnutrition. In case you have the problem of heartburn and are unable to eat healthily, then you can go with the selection of protein powders that are made explicitly for heart-burning problems.
A lower supply of proteins and minerals in your diet, while you are pregnant will cause malnutrition. And this is the last thing you want when you are carrying a baby with you. To cover up the insufficiency of proteins, minerals, and vitamins, there are supplements in protein powder available in the market.
I have composed the three best pregnancy-safe protein powders to help you get enough nutrition in your pregnancy. Make sure to read the description mentioned under each product so you can select the best supplement for you.
As a reviewer, I will suggest you get,
Naked Whey Grass Protein Powder is a very reliable and delicious protein powder that does not contain any kinds of sweeteners and chemicals making it more healthy for the pregnant lady.
Vega Protein Powder Shake comprises 100% natural and plastic plant-based protein. Moreover, it is straightforward to digest and can be used in various ways.
If these weren’t enough, check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- OB/GYN APPROVED: Baby Booster was developed with a board-certified OB/GYN whose primary focus was sourcing the BEST QUALITY ingredients to promote proper...
- ALL NATURAL: Baby Booster is caffeine free, gluten free, soy free, free of preservatives, free of artificial sweeteners, and contains hormone free protein.
- GUARANTEE THE GOODNESS: At Baby Booster, we guarantee all our products for freshness, quality, and taste we know you will love. From vegan algae DHA (omega-3)...
- IDEAL SOURCE OF PROTEIN: Along with supplements and prenatals, Protein is important for a growing baby so it’s a critical element for expectant mommas to...
- TASTES GREAT: Baby Booster is the BEST tasting multivitamin prenatal + whey protein powder on the market; since it’s made with all-natural ingredients, there...
- Amazing Flavor: Infused with organic Peruvian cacao, Himalayan salt, organic coconut milk, a dash of stevia & monk fruit, our award-winning protein blend is...
- Weight Management: Great protein powder for weight management. The soluble fiber in plant protein gives you that “full” feeling for a longer period of time....
- Complete Protein: Our USDA Organic vegan protein powder has a 5 protein blend of Pea, Flax Seed, Quinoa, Pumpkin Seed & Chia Seed + essential vitamins &...
- Digestion Support: Enhanced with powerful digestion support by DigeSEB, a proprietary digestive enzyme blend. DigeSEB aids digestion & helps the body maximize...
- Responsibly Sourced: Nearly every ingredient is certified organic and free of gluten, dairy, soy, hormones, artificial sweeteners, colors, and GMOs. Made with...
- Packaging may vary - New look, with the same trusted quality
- Gold standard 100% whey blend – 24 grams blended protein consisting of whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and whey peptides to support lean...
- Over 5 gram of BCAAs – Help build lean and strong muscles with naturally occurring BCAAs
- 3-4 gram carbs, 1-3 gram sugar, and 1-1.5 gram fat, gluten free, no sucralose in double rich chocolate flavor
- Instantized – Improves mixability to prevent lumps and clumps
- UNFLAVORED POWDER – one scoop easily mixes in your favorite beverage or food for a high-protein treat
- 2 INGREDIENT PROFILE –profile consisting of only whey protein isolate and soy lecithin (to help create a creamy texture)
- 100% WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE – a high-quality protein source providing 25g per serving to support muscle
- ZERO CARBS, FAT, SUGAR – helps For those watching their calorie intakes.
- WEIGHT MANAGEMENT – supports your weight management goals by providing 100 calories per serving
- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Advanced is a premium offering with 20g collagen peptides per serving plus two additional functional ingredients: 100% daily...
- Bioavailable Collagen Peptides Advanced Powder: Sourced from grass-fed, pasture-raised bovine. Digested and absorbed by the body quickly for maximum benefits.
- Same Product You Love, Packaging May Vary: While we are going scoopless, the recommended dosages will stay the same. We encourage consumers to follow the...
- Easy To Use: One serving a day of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Advanced is easily digested and dissolves in cold or hot liquids, like coffee, tea and...
- Made With You In Mind: Certified Paleo Friendly & Whole30 Approved. No added sugars or sweeteners. Flavorless and odorless. Made without gluten & dairy.
- JOCKO MÖLK: Designed and engineered with a time-release blend of whey concentrate, whey isolate, micellar casein, and egg. This whey isolate protein powder...
- AMINO ACIDS: Blended with a plethora of amino acids, the building blocks of protein, these necessary components help your body with building muscle and...
- DIGESTIVE ENZYMES & PROBIOTICS: With added digestive enzymes and probiotics to fuel growth and muscle recovery all day long, Mölk’s complex mix of digestive...
- GRASS-FED PROTEIN, NO HORMONES OR SOY: We’ve developed the best protein powder from four different types of protein: whey concentrate, isolate, casein, and...
- SUGAR FREE CHOCOLATE FLAVOR: Get your protein shake without the unwanted sugar. Mölk is sweetened with monk fruit only. It has no added sugar, no artificial...
- 100% CLEAR WHEY ISOLATE: Isopure Infusions is a 100% whey isolate protein powder that's been ultra hydrolyzed to mix clear & smooth.
- 20G OF PROTEIN IN EVERY SCOOP: Fast digesting & ultra pure, our Clear Whey Protein Isolate is an easy choice to help you meet your protein goals any time of...
- ONLY 5 INGREDIENTS: With just 5 ingredients & no artificial flavors or colors, Isopure Infusions is the complete clean source of protein to add to your diet!
- REFRESHING FLAVOR: Isopure Infusions Tropical Punch delivers a juicy, thirst quenching fruity burst of flavor making it tastier than ever to add more protein to...
- SHAKE DON'T STIR: For best results, mix 1 scoop in 10-16 oz of cold water, shake & wait a minute or so for the natural foaming to clarify before drinking.