Hoverboards are super cool and they can be extremely fun.
So before you buy a hoverboard for someone this Christmas, make sure you know what you’re getting into. Hoverboards can be a lot of fun, but they can also be very dangerous.
Let’s list of the best ones and then talk about the things you should note:
Table of Contents
1. SISIGAD Hoverboard, with Bluetooth and Colorful Lights
The SISIGAD hoverboard is a brand new self-balancing scooter, it’s the latest technology with Bluetooth and colorful lights. It has passed the strict electrical test and meets UL2272 standards to ensure safety. The built-in wireless speaker can be easily connected to portable devices in a second, just enjoy your favorite music or books without wearing headphones.
The board is full of technology and easy to learn for beginners and amateurs. Li-ion batteries, dual hub motors, quick charging, and longer using time. 6.5″ wheels with high-quality rubber tires provide smooth riding.
Things we love about it:
- Amazing colors
- Great self-balancing technology
- Super smooth ride with the 6.5 wheels
- Quality Made
- Nonslip pads
2. LIEAGLE Hoverboard
LEAGLE Hoverboard is a self-balancing scooter designed for both beginner and advanced riders. It has an upgraded gyroscope sensor that can sense tilt angles more accurately. The EAGLE hoverboard is equipped with the latest technology of balancing control system, which makes it easier to learn and operate for everyone.
With its lightweight, durable material and strong body construction, the board will be your best partner while you are walking or running on the road.
Things we like:
- Great build quality
- Very good speakers
- Feels super smooth when driving
- Ideal for first-timers
3. Flying Ant Hoverboard
The FLYING-ANT hoverboards are the most durable, safe, and high-quality 6.5-inch self-balancing scooters on the market. The UL 2272 certified hoverboards have passed all crucial tests to ensure every part is completely safe won’t go on fire and protect you and your family.
The hoverboard has a strong shell, sturdy structure to help with ease of balance control. It can run for up to 10 miles at a time with its powerful high-capacity lithium battery which takes only 1 hour to charge. This board is perfect for beginners and experts with its smooth riding, anti-slip footpads, and LED lights.
Things we love:
- Durable shell
- Very good battery life
- UL 2272 certified
- Nice futuristic LED lights
4. Emaxusa Hoverboard
UL-certified Emaxusa self-balancing scooter with Bluetooth is another great choice for any kid This hoverboard for kids is teeming with advanced technologies i.e. li-ion batteries, dual hub motors, longer using time, and charging. Making it easy to learn for beginners.
The hoverboard electric has been updated with a high-end battery that can travel up to 6 miles. the motor produces a top speed of 10 miles per hour. Quick slope ascending and braking function. The anti-slip footpads and LED lights will allow you to take a ride through any terrain.
Things we love:
- Very quick slope ascending and braking
- UL 2272 certified
- Good battery life
- Teeming with advanced technologies
5. Hover-1 Drive Electric Hoverboard
The Hover-1 Drive Electric Scooter is the ultimate ride for today’s active lifestyle. It provides a smooth, comfortable and safe riding experience. The 6.5″ wheels are larger than other hoverboards on the market, allowing you to travel over all terrains with ease.
Built with durable materials and equipped with an ultra-powerful battery pack, this scooter will take you wherever you want to go! The TRAJIC(TM) Battery has a 24-month warranty. This hoverboard offers up to 10 miles of riding on a single charge. During the day, LED lights on both sides of the hoverboard provide visibility to every rider, especially when they’re riding at night.
Things we like:
- Great build quality and finish
- Long warranty
- Great speed of 7mph
- Really cool black color
If you’re thinking of buying a hoverboard for someone this Christmas, please be careful! and follow these rules discussed below.
How to Choose a Hoverboard for a Kid
Now for the love of all that is good and holy: Before you spend hundreds of dollars on the newest trend, stop and think! If you are reading this then the answer is probably that you don’t know how to choose a hoverboard for your child. Here are some helpful tips:
- Safety- This should be your number one priority when choosing any type of toy for your child. Look for a hoverboard with UL certification. UL or Underwriters Laboratories is a trusted global safety science company that has been testing, inspecting, and certifying products for more than a century. Next: look for the UL 2272 certification on the hoverboard package. This means that your child’s hoverboard went through rigorous safety tests and meets all of the product safety requirements set by an independent third-party laboratory.
- Durability – Children are hard on stuff! This is especially true for all things with wheels. It’s no fun when they get their new toy and it breaks within five minutes so look for something durable.
- Hovering Time – Let’s face it: kids get tired of stuff pretty quickly so find one that has good battery life and gives them plenty of time to play around on before having to recharge or switch out batteries (which you definitely want to make sure is easily done).
- Features – Look for one that has lights, loudspeakers, and Bluetooth capability. These features will make the toy more fun and entertaining for your child.
- Age Appropriate – Children grow up fast, so it’s important to find a hoverboard that grows with them. That way you can get your money’s worth out of it
- Size – This may seem obvious but it’s worth mentioning again. Make sure the hoverboard will fit both your child AND their friends when they come over for a playdate or sleepover! You probably won’t be too happy if your kid comes home with a broken arm because their brand new hoverboard was just slightly too big for them to ride safely. Now you know what safety features are important so look for these things when buying any type of toy or vehicle for your child! For more helpful tips check out our blog post on choosing the perfect kids scooter.
Happy hoverboarding and safety first!
Remember that hoverboards are not toys and should be ridden with caution, always wear a helmet and other protective gear when riding and never ride in the street.
Check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- ✔️ UL2272 Safety Standard - The self balancing electric scooter had passed the test and met the UL2272 Safety standard requirements. Enjoy riding our hover...
- ✔️ Self Balancing Technology - This beginner friendly hoverboard for kids ages 6-12 features a built-in self-balancing technology for easy and quick...
- ✔️ High Performance - The hoverboard for adults comes with a 36V/2.0Ah Li-ion rechargable batteries, charger included in the box. The powerful 300W dual...
- ✔️ Easy control -The non-slip footpad on our electric toys hoverboard is thicker and more durable, it will give you better stability and traction. The...
- ✔️ Fun Features - Connect your smart phones or devices to a built-in speaker, play your favorite music while having fun riding this awesome hoverboard. The...
- NEW HOVER BOARD SKINS: Made with durable Material and Music Speaker
- HOVERBOARD PATINETAS ELECTRICAS FEATURES: Electronic Based Hoverboard, Very sturdy- Supporting up to 165 lbs., Impeccable Speed Controlled by Rider, 2 LED Light...
- CERTIFICATION: Certificated Hoverboard Stable
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDE: Charger and Help Manual for Reference
- FUN FOR ALL RIDERS: Perfect Scooters for Kids and Adults.
- Hard Shell and Solid Wheels
- Dual 200W Motors
- 36V, 2Ah Power Capacity
- Max Speed 10km/h
- With a 42V/0.8A DC Charger
- DESIGNED FOR KIDS AND TEENS AGED 6-15: Our self-balancing cruiser hover board is easy to learn, even for beginners. Minimum Rider Weight 44 lbs. Maximum Ride...
- HOURS OF FUN: Long-lasting hoverboard can travel up to 3 miles on one charge. Powerful battery recharges in 6 hours for a smooth ride. Front-facing LED lights...
- SELF BALANCING TECHNOLOGY: Stability while getting on and off builds confidence for beginner riders. It ensures stability as the rider gets on and off the board...
- SAFE and SECURE: Each board goes through a 27 point safety inspection. The non-slip foot pads make it easy to maintain your balance indoors or outdoors!
- SPECIFICATIONS: Color: Flamingo; Dimensions (L x W x H): 7.89 x 25.53 x 7.24 inches; Weight: 14.3 pounds, Motor 160W, Max Incline 10”