If you have a 13-year-old child, you already know how much energy they have and how important being active it is for them. Sometimes, your kid will ask you for a bike or a skateboard, and other times, they can go for something completely different, like a 4 Wheeler ATV.
In case your child requested this and you’re unsure what type of 4 wheeler you should get them or which one is the safest for a 13-year-old, you came to the right place! We’re here to provide you with all the essential info you need to shop for one like a pro!
Making sure the 4 wheeler you want to purchase provides all the essential features and that it’s safe enough to give it to your kid is crucial. Doing this type of research can take hours or even days, and we’re aware that parents usually don’t have that kind of time to spare. That is why our list of the best 4 wheelers ATV for 13-year-olds and our buying guide will help you buy one in the blink of an eye and with minimum effort!
Best 4 Wheelers ATV for Teenage Child – Top Picks
1. Razor 4 Wheeler
The first one on our list is the Razor dirt quad that your kid will adore! It’s big enough to be driven on rugged off-road terrain, but it is also the perfect step up in size for older riders. The maximum speed is up to 9 mph, and the weight limit is 220 lbs. The quad has a rechargeable battery with a quick-change compartment, and it provides you with up to 68 minutes of continuous use. Here’s what else the Razor dirt quad features:
- Twist-grip throttle control
- Rear disc brake
- Front brush bar
- Adjustable riser handlebars
- Rear suspension
- Soft rubber grips
It also includes a powder-coated tubular steel frame that makes it sturdy and durable no matter the weather.
- Variety of features
- Charging issues
2. Offroad Mall 4 Wheeler
We’ll continue our list of the best 4 wheelers for your 13-year-old with the Offroad Mall ATV. This ATV features an upgraded 125cc engine, a new ergonomic design that is specifically made for a wider age range, and parent-adjustable speed control, that will allow young riders to enjoy it longer. The maximum power is 5.6Kw and the maximum speed is 35mph+.
The Offroad Mall ATV provides a smooth riding experience on any terrain with its rocky hard terrain tubeless tires. It boasts reinforced front drum brakes and a rear hydraulic disc brake that brings you the ultimate stopping power and additional safety. The remote engine kill switch and the speed limiter are a great addition and extremely helpful when it comes to teaching kids how to ride safely.
- Ergonomic design
- Parent-adjustable speed control
- Great tires
- Doesn’t go fast
3. X-PRO 4 Wheeler
If you’re on a search for a 4 wheeler that comes in more than one color and design, this one is a perfect choice! You can choose to get either a plain black, blue, or a red one, but also spider black, spider blue, or spider pink one. The spiderweb pattern on this 4 wheeler will be a total hit if your kid is into Spiderman!
With the 110cc reliable 4-stroke engine that is designed to prevent overheating, you won’t have to worry about extra engine maintenance or stressing about whether the engine will end up overheating while your kid is on the road. This 4 wheeler has an upgraded swing arm and spindle which makes it more durable and sturdy.
The wireless remote cut-off switch and the speed governor on the right-side handlebar allow you to cut off the engine from up to 20m away and control the speed, so it’s a dream come true for all the parents! With this many neat features, you won’t have to worry about a thing.
- Cool design
- Wireless remote speed control
- Bad starter
4. Costzon 4 Wheeler
We’ll conclude our list of the best 4 wheelers ATV for 13-year-old kids with the amazing Costzon 4 wheeler. With its slow start and shock-absorbing function, you won’t have to worry about your kid falling or getting hurt due to the fast start—the advanced slow start technology of this 4 wheeler is there to protect your child from it.
The humanized footrest, wide seat, and ergonomic backrest will provide your kid with the ultimate comfort when riding this 4 wheeler. Operating this vehicle is also extremely easy—you use the right handlebar to control the speed and foot pedal to stop the vehicle.
There are also various entertainment functions your kid can look forward to, including the LED lights and music. Your child can freely adjust the volume and switch songs with a click of a button, so they won’t ever get bored while driving. The maximum speed is 3.7 mph, and the rechargeable battery allows for up to 40 minutes of continuous use. The charging time usually takes from 8 to 12 hours.
- Slow start function
- Ergonomic design
- LED lights and music
- Not for smaller kids
Read also: Best Toys And Gift Ideas For 13-Year-Old Boys
Choosing the right 4 wheeler can seem like a difficult and overwhelming task for many parents. It’s not a toy that can be used lightly, and it’s no secret that these quads can be dangerous if not chosen wisely.
The important thing here is to gather all the necessary information before deciding which 4 wheeler you want to buy. If you know exactly what to look for in product descriptions and have all the crucial questions ready, you’ll be able to identify the best and safest option out there.
Since doing research usually takes a lot of time, and we know that parents are already swamped with other tasks and parent duties, we understand that spending time gathering this info is probably not something you’re thrilled about.
That is why we found all the essential info in your stead! We compiled it into a 5-step buying guide you can use to shop for your 4 wheeler effortlessly. Here are the factors you need to take into consideration when choosing the best 4 wheeler ATV for 13-year-old kids:
Safety needs to be the number one priority when choosing a 4 wheeler for your child. Even if you’re planning on staying by your kid’s side the entire time he or she is driving, you have to make sure that the 4 wheeler has all the necessary safety features that will make the whole riding experience stressless and worry-free. Here are some of the key safety features to look for:
- Chainless gearbox transmission
- Brushless motor
- Wheelie safety bar to support your kid with balancing
- Hydraulic brake system with a brake sensor
- Lock fastener that covers the battery compartment
Since there is no shortage of brands and models out there, it’s important that you pay close attention to product descriptions and ensure that the wheeler you’re interested in provides everything you’re looking for.
The size of the 4 wheeler is extremely important in regards to your kid’s safety. Some parents tend to purchase a 4 wheeler in a bigger size so that the child can grow into it, and the parents can save a pretty penny. Although the logic behind this is understandable, you shouldn’t do it. Your child needs to be able to reach the handlebars, accelerator, and brake pedals in order to drive the 4 wheeler normally.
If you get a bigger one, chances are that he or she won’t be able to reach these commands as easily, which can result in them falling or getting injured. That is why you should always get a 4 wheeler that’s designed precisely for your kid’s age and/or height and weight.
The next one on our list of factors you should consider before purchasing your 4 wheeler is quality. The quality of the 4 wheeler you get will not only dictate how long it will last and how stable it will be, but it will also help you save some money. If you get an inexpensive and low-quality one, chances are it will break down and malfunction frequently, which means you will have to get it repaired often.
Getting a mechanic to repair your wheeler can be quite expensive, especially if you need to pay them more than one visit. That is why making sure that the wheeler you’re interested in buying is high-quality and made of durable materials, such as steel or titanium, is essential.
The maximum speed that the 4 wheeler can reach is also relevant when it comes to your child’s safety. You should first consider your kid’s skills and think about whether they are used to driving a 4 wheeler or this is the first time they are going to try it. If they are already used to driving it, you can choose the one that can reach higher speed.
However, if your child will be learning how to drive the 4 wheeler for the first time, you should consider getting one that can’t go super fast. You can even find some models that provide the wireless control function. That way, you can be there to mitigate the damage by controlling the speed remotely.
Finally, the last thing you should consider before making your final decision on which 4 wheeler you want to purchase is its design. Although getting the one that looks pretty isn’t the most important goal here, it is nonetheless relevant. If you want to get it as a birthday present or a gift for another occasion, you will certainly want to make sure the kid likes the design and that it’s aesthetically pleasing.
That’s why you should consider the colors and patterns that the one you want to get comes in. Also, apart from the colors, you can check what kind of additional cool features the 4 wheeler provides, like LED lights, music, and similar.
1. At What Age Can a Kid Drive a 4 Wheeler?
Wondering whether your child is too young to drive a 4 wheeler? Typically, you shouldn’t let your child drive one if he or she is under the age of 6. The kids that are too young for these kinds of activities can get hurt more easily since they don’t have their motor skills fully developed yet.
If your child develops advanced motor skills sooner, you might be able to get them started sooner, but it’s recommended to wait until your kid is at least 6 years old.
2. Is Electric 4 Wheeler Better Than a Gas One?
The short answer to this question is yes, electric 4 wheelers are generally better than gas ones. The electric 4 wheelers don’t produce toxic gases and fumes that are harmful to the environment, which is what many people nowadays are looking for. But, not only are they eco-friendly, but they can also go much faster than the gas ones, produce less noise, and are often less expensive.
3. What Is the Best Brand of 4 Wheelers for Kids?
When it comes to the brands of kids 4 wheelers, you can choose from a ton of different ones, including Razor, X-PRO, and Costzon. A lot of brands out there provide you with high-quality 4 wheeler models that your kid will adore, but you need to always consider all of the factors from our buying guide before making your ultimate decision and purchasing the product.
Purchasing the best 4 wheeler ATV for your 13-year-old kid doesn’t have to be difficult or frustrating. With our help, you can enjoy this shopping experience and save precious time you would otherwise spend trying to pinpoint the best product on your own.
All you need to do is read our article and our buying guide, and you’ll have all you need to identify the best 4 wheeler ATV for your kid effortlessly! The best part is that it will take no more than 15 minutes! Forget about time-wasting and start shopping like a pro right away!
If these weren’t enough, check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- 147.5cc 7.4 HP 4 stroke engine
- On demand 2WD with 21 in. AT tires
- Front & Rear Rack
- Front Bumper and MORE!
- Great Power: Containing powerful 12V motors for great speed, the ride-on can conquer grass, dirt, driveways, and sidewalks, while its LED headlights and a horn...
- Wear-resisting Wheels: With 4-wheel suspension design for a comfortable and safe ride for you kids, ideal gift for both outdoor & indoor playing.
- Realistic Driving: Drives like the real thing, with a foot pedal accelerator, Handle bar, forward/reverse function, and 2 speed selections (high & low) with a...
- Multiple Functions: Bluetooth, Working radio, built-in music and USB port to play your own music. Built-in horn, LED lights, forward/backward, turn right/left,...
- Specifications: Product size 42.13*25.2*29.13'' (L x W x H); Maximum Load 77lb. Speed: 3-5 KM/h. Suitable for 37-96 months old kids.
- 200cc Utility ATV brought by XPROUSA.
- Manual Transmission lets you be in full control of your 4-wheeler. The Reverse feature allows you to move your ATV backwards with ease without you having to get...
- Full size at 69.3" length, 42.1" Width, 43.3 " Height provide a roomy and comfortable riding, that give more space for growing out.
- Luggage Rack is on the front and rear of the ATV. This is a fantastic upgrade for carrying anything needed.
- Some assembly required: Assembly for ATVs include Handle bar brackets, all 4 wheels, front and rear racks (if included), rear shock and battery. (May differ per...
- 【4 Stroke Air-cooled Engine】This ATV comes with an 4-stroke 40cc air-cooled engine designed to prevent overheating. There will be no worries about...
- 【Specially Designed for Younger Kids】Chain Transmission and Pull Start provides much easier control and handling for little kids and gives the rider the...
- 【EPA approved with Safety Concern】Whole bike passed EPA and manufactured strickly based on EPA standard. Top speed of around 22 miles/h is safe design for...
- 【With Luggage Rack & Front Bumper】Come with luggage rack on the front and rear. This allows you to carry up extra weight to make sure you have everything...
- 【Free Gifts included】Every package comes with X-Pro Gloves, Goggle and Face Mask.
- Note: Make sure the vehicle is installed correctly before playing! Also, our product outlook is printed on the packaging. If you want surprise your kids, please...
- 🚀【Realistic Driving Experience】 Blitzshark ride on ATV provides low & middle & lighting speed modes. Full Speed: 5 MPH (8 KM/H). Give your kids the best...
- 🚀【24V Powerful Motor & 10AH Big Battery】This kids 4-Wheeler is equipped with the 24V 4X75W strongest motor which can provide more constant & stable power...
- 🚀【Smart Ride-on & Easy-Drag 4WD】 Soft Braking & Easy-Drag System are both powered by Blitzshark Smart Chip. Make the ATV more maneuverable, and realize...
- 🚀【Excellent safety performance】The ⚡ button on the center control board is the lighting-mode switch which needs to be long-pressed for 3s to turn on....
- New-Ray Toys Suzuki Camo Hunting die cast ATV
- 【Performance Advantages】For ages 10+. Rider weight up to 165 lbs. Air-filled (10PSI) strong rubber tubeless off road tires, steel rim. Front traverse...
- 【36V 1000W Motor】This high-torque air cooled motor is powerful enough to bring you a real rider experience. Upgraded motor controller could protect the...
- 【UL Recognized Battery】36V (3 X 12V/15Ah cell) sealed lead acid maintenance-free AGM gel battery with quick-change compartment perfectly support up to 13-16...
- 【Electric Control System】F-N-R with speed regulation (H-M-L) electric controlled integral gear sets (Forward, Neutral, Reverse, Speed of High, Medium, Low)....
- 【Important Note】Decals & seat pad color may differ per vehicle. New batteries do not come in 100% charged. Users must fully charge the battery before using....