Traveling with the baby in the car implies putting your little one in the back seat, especially during the first months of his/her life.
That makes it difficult to see your baby while driving, which forces you to turn around often to check that everything is okay, but this action involves some danger. That is why a baby mirror for a car has been created.
These mirrors allow you to see your baby at all times and in complete safety. If you are interested in buying one, keep reading because we will tell you everything you need to know about this subject to choose the one that suits you best. Let’s go with it!
Why Should You Get A Baby Car Seat Mirror No Headrest?
The current law does not allow children to go in the passenger seat, neither to babies in the rear seats, until at least 15 months. The car safety mirror to install at the rear of the vehicle solves the problem of not seeing the baby from the driver’s position.
The following is the list of top 10 Baby Car Seat Mirror No Headrest:
1. CIPA 11050 Suction Cup Marine Mirror
It’s a great cheap replacement for the rearview mirror. The assembly is mounted off to the side of the car seat itself, and the convex mirror shape allows a full vision of the back seat.
2. Rearview Baby Car Mirror Windshield Shatterproof Safety Backseat Infant Front Facing, Adjustable Suction Cup 100% Lifetime Satisfaction Guarantee (S) by COZY GREENS
This mirror is flat, not curved. It comes with two attachments – a suction for the windshield and a clip attached to a car visor.
3. Baby Car Mirror – Rear View Baby Car Back Seat Mirror – Child Observation Mirror Wide Convex and Shatterproof – 2 way of Connection Suitable for both Rear-facing and Forward-facing
It works fantastic, and it comes with the window suction and the straps for a great headrest. The right size to use for the front passenger to see the baby. It’s not too big that it obstructs the front view, but not too small that you can’t even see the baby in the backseat. Also, it’s easy to use and install.
4. Baby Car Mirror Suction Cup, Forward Facing Baby Rear View Mirror for Car, Back Seat Infant Car Mirror Rearview Mirror for Cars Without Headrest
Some people use these as their side mirrors with the doors of the jeep. They hold to the glass very well and are very clear. You can also mount the mirror on the rear window and angle the mirror exactly where you want it, without obstructing your rearview.
5. Munchkin Brica DualSight Baby Car Mirror
Clear mirror, no distortion, excellent visibility! It doesn’t show a distorted reflection or appear far away like some mirrors. It comes with a clip, too, in case you prefer to use it on your visor rather than the windshield.
6. Baby Car Backseat Mirror, Rear View Facing Back Seat Mirror Child Safety Rearview Adjustable Rearview Wide Angle Convex Mirror for Infant Toddler Child Children Backseat passengers-Concept FiFi
Most people like best about the product because it can be mounted at 90° to the mirror surface. Some use it as outside and driver side rearview. It works great. The long mirror surface is vertical and at 90 degrees to the door. You can use exterior grade double-sided tape to apply the mirror.
7. Feadem Baby Car Mirror Rear Facing – View Infant/Toddler in Back Seat – Shatterproof Safety Rear View Backseat Mirror 360 Degree Rotatable
This mirror is easy to install, and we were impressed with the high quality and clarity. It’s steady as a rock even when going over significant bumps, and it is also effortless for you to see your baby in the backseat.
8. Baby Mirror for Car, GES Rear View Mirror 360 Degree Adjustable Strengthen Suction Cup Mirror for Car (5.9× 2.2Inch) – Black
It`s great for keeping an eye on the mutt. You can even make eye contact with your passenger briefly without turning your head. It also offers a clear, sharp view.
9. Pilot Automotive MI-442 Convex Baby Mirror with Suction Cup & Flexible Arm
10. Zone Tech Adjustable Round Blind Spot Mirror –Car Long Arm HD Glass Convex Wide Angle Rear View Universal Fit Lens – Clear View for Safety and Security
It can be a perfect blind spot mirror for your car or truck. Mounting the mirror on a bendable aluminum tube eliminated the vibrations, shaking, and general unusability of other, similar products. The long neck lets you put it in any position you need. We must say that this isn’t a junky mirror-like one might suspect. Its real glass and a solid suction cup with a strong flex-neck.
Five Reasons to Put a Baby Watch Mirror in the Car
The car mirror to see the baby is an element of comfort and safety recommended in the car, but it is not mandatory. It is especially impressive when you often travel alone with a baby on board – besides, the mirror is especially useful for longer trips. If you have doubts, check out these five reasons to buy and install one of these mirrors.
1. Comply with the law and avoid fines
As we have already mentioned above, current regulations do not allow exceptions. Children under 15 months must necessarily go in the back seat and facing the back of the car, the position prevents the driver from seeing the baby, but it is the safest way for him to travel. If you want to be able to see your little one, you will undoubtedly need the mirror.
While driving, concentration, and attention on the road must be maximum at all times to maintain maximum safety. When traveling with a baby in the rear seat, security is often compromised by trying to see and monitor them.
A car mirror to monitor babies allows you to stay safe at the wheel by not having to look away since you can see the little one through the car’s interior rearview mirror that captures the reflection of the one you have placed to watch him.
Can you imagine that your baby starts crying while driving on a highway? It may be easy for a few seconds to ignore it and focus on driving, but you will get nervous in no time and need to at least visualize what is happening behind the SRI backup. The safety mirror allows you at a single glance and, at all times, have visual contact with the child to be able to travel with maximum peace of mind.
Using a safety mirror in the back of the car, placed in front of the baby, is the most comfortable way to have the little one watched on any journey. Without the mirror, the driver is obliged to stand in a safe place to get out of the car, access the rear section, and only see the little one traveling with him.
5. Good price
The surveillance mirror for the car is easy to place. No special conditions are necessary for the vehicle. Its average budget does not exceed 20 dollars, so there are no excuses not to buy and mount this type of device that will allow you to increase safety for all car occupants and increase your comfort wheel.
Buyers Guide and FAQs
What baby car mirrors not to buy?
It would be best if you didn’t look for products with extra accessories or useless elements. It would help if you had a mirror that looks good and is clear (usually they are acrylic), which is fastened well to the headboard.
Also, you do not need lights to illuminate the baby because for it to turn on, you need batteries that will end up running down, and you need a remote that will distract you from the road, which is what we seek to avoid with mirrors for children in cars.
You don’t need baby mirrors with light and music. It would be enough for your baby to have her favorite toy for the trip, do not turn your car into a disco full of distractions.
Do not choose the ones that allow you to project the baby’s image in the car’s rearview mirror. They are more expensive, and the result you will obtain is very similar to using a regular mirror.
Please don’t skimp on the price because it is a relatively cheap item. Most baby car mirrors are around $10-$15. Do not choose the one you can find in the bazaar near your home for $1.99 because you will surely end up buying another one.
Types of baby mirrors
Mirrors for rear-facing seats
Those are the ones that are located on the headrests of the rear seats. They are hooked with nylon straps to the headboard of any of the rear seats (side or central) whenever it is available, and they have a 360-degree turning system to orient appropriately shape the mirror and see the child.
These mirrors for rear seats are the most common since once the child grows and starts traveling, you can see him through the standard rearview mirror, although the ones you will see below make the task easier.
Mirrors for forward-facing kids
You can place them on the front window, just below your rearview mirror (some can be glued to it; they are smaller mirrors).
How to install the mirror in the car?
The variety of safety mirrors to monitor the baby in the car when traveling in reverse is wide. Depending on your preferences, your vehicle’s design, and the budget, you will choose the most suitable one.
The mirror should be installed right in front of the place where the CRS is placed where the baby is traveling to reflect its image. The easiest thing to do is put it on the headrest in the rear seat. There are different fastening systems, but the simplest is a belt with a closure attached to the mirror passed through the headrest, closes, and adjusts with total ease and safety.
Watch the following video for instructions on how to install a baby mirror in your car:
Do you need a baby car mirror at all?
Baby car mirrors are a great solution to keep the little ones under control when driving and ensure that those restless parents observe what the child is doing at all times without distracting their view of the road.
Can all baby car mirrors fit in any car?
Despite being called universal, all child seats won’t fit all cars. If you find it challenging to fit in a child seat correctly, you might have misread the instructions. However, it’s more likely that your seat isn’t compatible with the car.
Are the baby car mirrors safe?
You should go for a safe strategy and look for a lightweight mirror with cushioning or rounded edges. Models that attach to the rear-seat headrest with just a suction cup are particularly risky.
Baby car mirror for Nissan Altima
Most Nissan’s owners use baby car mirrors clipped on the tether point behind the back of the seat, and they use the bendable strap thingy to support it along with the seat. It works wonderfully. It never shifts, and you have a great view of the baby.
Baby car mirror for the middle seat
Baby is safest on one of the sides, not the middle. In case of a crash, the car seat will be protected by the front seat. It is not recommended to have them in the middle. However, those who were considering this option got a response that it cannot attach in the middle without a headrest, but it can angle enough to put on the seat on either side and still see the baby just fine.
Safety tips for traveling with babies
Here are some quick but vital safety tips when traveling with babies:
- The seat must be well anchored – yes, it is something that we all think goes without a saying. You should make sure it is securely attached to the Isofix (if used) or with the belt.
- The baby must be well restrained – in case of an impact, the baby needs to be restrained correctly but without pressing it and allowing it to breathe well.
- The baby’s head must not protrude from the seat.
The following are other tips that are not so related to safety, but that can make the baby’s journey much more comfortable. You should stop every hour and a half or two hours, change the baby’s position, avoid the air conditioning too firm, and have some quick-change baby clothes.
We hope you find this article interesting and helpful!
Before you go, take a look at some other models available on today’s market:
- INSTALLS IN SECONDS:Easy to fit-mirror attaches in seconds to rear seat head rest and rotates and pivots for a clear view.
- WIDE ANGLE CONVEX MIRROR:Always have full sight of your precious infant and surroundings with the Extra-Large Wide angles this mirror provides.
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE & COMPATIBLE WITH MOST VEHICLES:360 degree pivot for full maneuverability.Attaches to Any headrest.Fits Most Cars,Vans,SUVs, & Trucks.
- SAFE WITH SHATTERPROOF DESIGN: Made from Acrylic Safety Glass surrounded by a black plastic frame. In the event of a Crash or Accident you can ensure your Baby is Safe.
- ONE SIZE FITS ALL: No assembly required and it fits in all vehicle types. Fits most cars, trucks, vans SUVs and any place of back seat. Installs in seconds, no tools required.
- SAFETY & DURABILITY: Unlike other car seat mirrors, our baby Mirror can be placed on the center console of the car, offering a crystal clear view of your baby; It will increase vehicle safety index...
- CRISP & CLEAR REAL-Time Images: Large 4.3” display is more detailed than previous baby car mirror; Place on the center console No need to turn around or look up to see the statue of the rear seat...
- MULTIPLE INSTALLATION METHODS: Different from other baby car mirrors, Sixmas baby car monitor comes with 3 types of mounts. You can use these mounts to install the baby monitor on the headrest of the...
- EASY TO USE: Without any assemble requirement, the cameral of the rearview baby car mirror easily installed on the bracket. Plug the power cord to the cigarette lighter, install the LCD monitor, then...
- STABLE, NO VIBRATING WHILST DRIVING: A lot of baby car mirrors will vibrate, shake, and move around while you are driving. Our camera have been specially engineered to remain stable as you drive -...
- ★STRONG SUCTION – Our baby car mirror made with Superior Suction Material-Thermoplastic Polyurethane(TPU), which is strong enough to stay on your windshield, would not move or vibrate.
- ★NEW DESIGN – The Baby Seat Mirror is connected to a headrest mount separately, which allows full maneuverability in all angles inside your vehicle. Designed to help you know the situation when...
- ★SAFE DRIVING – The baby mirror does not distort things, and not get fogged or glare at night. As a car seat mirror it gives you the rear view so that you can keep your sight on your children...
- ★EASY TO INSTALL – The suction cup design makes this universal car seat mirror so easy to be installed in seconds. Just pivot and rotate the baby car mirror for a clear view.
- ★SERVICE – We love our customer, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions,we will try our best to address all the issue they may meet in time.
- Large convex mirror provides wide angle view of rear facing baby
- Clear vision of each other provides confidence for driver and baby
- Shatter resistant surface
- Adjustable straps fit most headrests for secure installation
- 🚘 Safe Travels with Baby Onboard - Our baby mirror for car gives you a quick view of your baby from the back by just glancing at the rearview mirror. Install it in your car for a convenient...
- 🚘 Remote-activated Dual Lighting System - Going on a long haul trip that extends overnight? This car seat mirror has a dual lighting system that's remote-controlled. It gives you a soft and hard...
- 🚘 Clear and Full View from the Rear Mirror - Made of shatterproof acrylic glass, the convex surface of the backseat baby mirror provides wide coverage so you can position your baby conveniently...
- 🚘 Durable and Non-slip Straps for Added Safety - The straps play a vital role in securing the baby car seat mirror. Make sure it fits perfectly and has a non-slip surface. The cross straps of our...
- 🚘 A Great Investment and Travel Must-have - Baby car accessories are a travel must-have like these mirrors for carseat. The car seat mirror rear facing infant is a great alternative to a baby car...
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE - US COMPANY 100% LIFETIME GUARANTEE: We are so confident that you’ll love our product, as part of our commitment to help make your parenting life easier, we offer a lifetime...
- REMOTE ACTIVATED LED LIGHT – Easy to use, Simply slide the On/Off button on the rear of the mirror to the on position. Attach your remote to your visor or any other easy to reach place in the front...
- INCLUDES SOFT BRIGHT LIGHT FOR NIGHT DRIVING: We know that a lot of the driving you do happens after dark (especially in the winter!). To ensure that you can still check on your baby with the car...
- NEW AND IMPROVED BATTERY LIFE: We’ve listened to our clients and made improvements to the battery life. Our light will now last longer than other similar products. To extend the life of your battery...
- SHATTER PROOF MATERIAL, WIDE ANGLE CONVEX MIRROR AND FULLY ADJUSTABLE. Made of shatter-resistant and clear sight mirror for super reflection and a distortion-free image. Our mirror provides a wide...
Also, don’t miss our other related reviews: