Surely a reflux baby will often burn up their seat while you’re traveling with them in your car. Most times traveling with reflux babies are a very discomforting moment for them and it is well researched that some car seats can increase reflux symptoms in babies.
Being aware of this could be the reason why you are in search of the best car seats for babies with reflux.
Today most people prefer getting a car seat or a booster seat for their children rather than using the seat that comes with the car basically because a child cannot fit into a normal car seat.
My Little John is reflux and I discovered whenever we went out he would always cry. Getting the best car seat for reflux babies could make traveling with them more comfortable. Based on my experience and research I would be sharing in this post some of the car seats that work for reflux babies.
Table of Contents
Car seat Shape
One of the most important things to look out for when trying to purchase a car seat is design. But when getting a car seat for a reflux baby, make sure to always check the seat angle and choose the one that allows a relaxed seating position and is well padded to stay high.
Furthermore, it is important to make sure no part of the seat will exert pressure on your baby’s stomach as that will aggravate reflux and mess things up.
You should get a car seat with washable reversible material that can easily be clean. Your baby is reflux, so I advise you to always carry an extra seat cover and baby clothing with you while on a journey.
If your baby is comfortable or not reflux, you can decide to go for any other kind of car or booster seats. But you need a car seat that will ensure maximum comfort and safety to prevent seeing your baby cry and spit often while traveling. So I would say go for a shallow well-padded convertible seat.
Best Car Seats For Infants With Reflux
1. Britax One4Life ClickTight Convertible Booster
This booster seat I arguably the best for the purpose of not having to deal with spit-up miss everything in the car. With a beautiful design, it weighs about 30 pounds made of fabric and steel. The Britax Onelife Clicktight is suitable for children weighing up to 120 pounds.
With its 5-point harness or shield, you can ensure your child’s safety and your peace of mind. It may be a little pricey but it is worth every penny you spend on it. The most important feature for reflux about this car seat is the cool floor mesh fabric which improves airflow and keeps your child well ventilated and cool.
Installation is pretty Easy even a first-time car seat buyer can install in 3 Steps. Opening your package, thread and buckle it like a seat bel, then click it up to close. Convertibility gives it the ability to grow with your child until he’s ready to start using booster seats.
Finally, this seat is an anti-rebound bar which bread is your baby’s feet and prevents it from wandering in case of a crash.
2. Maxi-Cosi Pria 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
Having the experience of using the Maxi-Cosi Pria 3 in 1 car seat for my newborn bab has given me the confidence to give this unbiased review. This is a very lightweight car seat (25 pounds). With its in and out harness holders that keep straps out of the way when Buckling the seat, you can be assured of maximum safety.
Also this seat like most convertible car seats as three different modes a rear-facing a forward-facing and a belt-positioning booster. This seat is suitable for bigger kids as it is declared safe for children up to 100 pounds.
A distinguishing feature of this car seat is the fact that it has a very padded comfortable pillow that is legitimate for infant padding and babies that are less than 4 months old. Another cool feature is the cup holder which you may not need when your baby is at the infant stage and obviously with make them when they’re ready to convert into a booster.
The Pria 3-in-1 Car seat exceeds all standards for safety and also it is recommended and cleared for by FAA aircraft use.
3. Safety 1st Grow and Go
As the name implies, it was designed with safety in mind. Keeping your child in the safety 1st grow and go car seat can ensure you put your mind at rest while on a long trip. It also offers 3 different modes which ensure that it remains suitable as your child grows.
It might not be as pricey as other known brands but it offers exactly the same quality and convenience if not more. The safety 1st Grow and go car seat has some other exciting features such as reclining back, washable fabric cover, extra legroom all at an affordable price
With a rear-facing mode that supports your baby from 5 pounds up to 40 pounds, this means the car seat can actually be your first buy for taking your baby on a first drive home from the hospital.
The forward-facing mode allows your kids to stay in position until they’re about 60 pounds in weight. Your kids will be excited about the features of this car seat at this stage. Features like the cup-holders, extra legroom, and padding on the harness strap.
The booster mode is for the bigger kids. This mode is essentially for the purpose of making the seat belt fit well while on a journey. At this point, you will need to remove all the extra padding and the 5 point harness and let the seat alone remain by itself.
4. Diono Radian 3R 3-in-1 Car Seat
Diono is well known for its sleek and safety design for convertible car seats. Almost all Diono’s car seats are slim such that you can easily fit them in your backseat. The Diono 3R 3 in 1 is one of such exotic designs that doesn’t eat up space in your car.
It supports weight from birth up to 100 pounds which makes it an excellent buy for bigger kids with reflux. Its rear-facing ability ensures maximum comfort and safety of your child. When your baby spits up, all you need do is remove it from your car seat and wash softly and replace it.
Even in the case of a car crash, your child won’t have any injuries. Thanks to the safety pads that will protect them.
Do car seats make reflux worse?
The simple answer is no. But however, some car seats that don’t fulfill the criteria listed above can cause an increase in reflux symptoms in your baby.
The sitting position for a baby in a car seat will naturally make it worse because car seats are inclined to push the baby’s legs up; the stomach gets uncomfortable and it’s contents can be pushed up to the esophagus. So getting a car seat that subsides reflux is the proper answer for this.
- The car seat built to grow for extended use through 3 stages: Rear facing 5 40 pounds, forward facing 22 65 pounds, and belt positioning booster 40 to 100...
- Side impact protection
- Harness holders: With the harness held back, it's easy to get your child in and out of the seat
- Grow with baby pillows for a comfortable ride
- Quick fit harness for easy adjustment of both harness and headrest in 1 simple step
- 2 IN 1 CONVERTIBLE CAR SEAT: easily transitions from rear-facing mode to forward-facing mode as your child grows from baby to toddler
- PREMIUM SOFT TOUCH FABRIC: 4-way stretch athleisure fabric is comfortable and easy to clean
- INSTALL CONFIDENTLY: with ClickTight, you know it's right in just 3 easy steps: open, buckle, close
- BRITAX SAFETY: high strength steel frame & Crumple zone help absorb crash energy; patented V-shaped tether
- FULL BODY PROTECTION: 2 layers of side impact protection surround the head, neck & torso
- GROW WITH IT: These car seats have been engineered for maximum comfort, safety, and longevity. It accommodates your child by adjusting to multiple positions,...
- SAFETY IS PRIORITY: This infant and toddler car seat meets or exceeds all applicable federal safety standards and Evenflo Side Impact standard, with advanced...
- COMFORT: Innovative air flow Mesh fabrics are designed to keep your child cool. These toddler and infant car seats angle your child comfortably to minimize head...
- PROPER FIT: The 1-hand, 12-position headrest and easy to slide no-rethread harness straps on this baby car seat can adjust as your child grows without...
- CONVENIENCE: Machine-washable fabrics are easy to remove for cleaning. Dual integrated cup holders and a removable snack tray to put drinks and snacks within...
- Extended Use: Accommodates Growing Infants Longer: 4-35 lb weight rating and 4 shoulder harness positions
- Lightweight: Extremely lightweight and easy to carry
- Ergonomic Handle: More comfortable to carry in the bend of the arm
- Full Coverage Canopy: Provides full protection from sun, wind and rain