Sensitive tummy and constipation are major health issues that are common to infants. However, this is not unique to babies feeding on formula as it also affects infants that are breastfed.
So, therefore, for every mother, getting the best formula for sensitive tummy and constipation is vital.
Tummy issues are common in formula-fed infants, but some formulas help a child overcome it. On the flip side, Food allergies from the mother are the cause of sensitive tummy in babies that are on breast milk.
In spite of all this, there are food nutrients explicitly developed to take care of constipation and gaseous stomach. This will sound new and challenging to new mothers who are seeking the best formula to end constipation in infants.
Don’t sweat it because, in this post, we will take a look at the best seven formulas for sensitive tummy and constipation, which are carefully researched and sorted out from others. This will help you resolve your baby’s tummy issues once and for all.
Constipation is often associated with the nature of the digestive tract, and as such, keep in mind that they are peculiar to a child. This implies that the formula that helped another baby may not be suitable for your baby.
So, here is what you should do first: Find out what is wrong with your child. Is it constipation or gaseous stomach?
Signs that your Baby is Constipated
Start by following the signs and the first of which is the poop. Naturally, infants struggle before they stool as they are always lying straight and so no gravitational pull to help them quickly achieve the process.
It gets more comfortable with infants that are breastfed because expressed milk is easier to digest. This is expected to change when the child is 3-6 weeks old as the child develops lesser bowel movements. Babies fed with Formula generally continue to have daily bowel movements.
So, therefore, these irregularities are not good signs that determine if your child is constipated or not. Keep in mind that as long as the stool is soft, regular or not, strained or not, the baby is not constipated.
Hard poop that can make the child cry is a sign that constipation is around the corner. Nevertheless, speaking to a physician is the best way of finding out if it is constipation or not.
The physician might recommend you give the child more water to make the poop. Except when advised by a doctor, don’t ever give unknown drugs or food nutrients to a child. Don’t hesitate to call your physician when signs like vomiting, sickness, lack of energy, loss of appetite, or blood in the stool begin to show.
Other signs that you can look out for include: belly swollen with gas, bedwetting or urinating all the time and cramps that are painful.
Causes of Baby Constipation
It is not proper to follow the signs and go-ahead to give the infant formula for constipation. Finding out the cause of constipation will reveal more about the kind of solution to administer.
- Taking too much of Milk and cheese alone will result in constipation. High intake of these is responsible for the pebble-like hard poop. This is the reason why Breastfeeding, which is a balanced diet, is more advisable than formula feeding.
- In addition to this, the lack of Fiber is another factor that can trigger constipation, and they can be discovered in whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. Lesser intake of fiber make stools hard, and Fiber foods make poops soft, voluminous, and simple to pass out.
- Lack of water or fluids, in general, can also make stools dry and more difficult to pass. It is not frequent, but due to constant sweating, your child can become dehydrated and then lead to constipation.
- Introducing non-fluid food substances too early will trigger constipation. The major sign in infants constipation is the poop and giving the child, so many substantial nutrients will make the poop hard and difficult to pass out.
- Lack of constant activities can reduce the constant flow of stool.
- Trying to avoid stooling due to the pain will cause constipation as well. When the poop becomes hard and difficult to pass out, thereby creating pain, the next attempt to stool would be held back by the infant. The pain can be from an anus strep infection or a nasty nappy rash or a tear in the anus.
- When constipation becomes recurrent, it is definitely due to the child’s reluctant to use the toilet. It is a kind of toilet training children pick up most, especially when they are in public. While some kids don’t want to be seen in local and public toilets, others are pre-occupied that they find it hard to settle down. Some kids are postponing stools as they are too busy to sit down.
- Slow digestion of food will also cause constipation. However, this is genetic.
Now that you know the causes of constipation, gaseous stomach, and other tummy issues, what should you look out for when selecting the best formula for sensitive tummy and constipation?
Look out for a formula that would enhance digestion and other metabolic activities. This is because, when constipated, the Digestive System of your child is weak and so whatever formula you select should be easily digested.
ARA, DHA, and vitamins are essential food ingredients that must be present in the formula. These nutrients can be found in breast milk. They are necessary for the growth and progress of the mental skills of your baby, the development of the eye, brain, and immunity, and the collective growth of the child’s body.
Depending on your baby’s reaction to lactose intake, pick a formula with or lactose but make sure the lactose content is minimal.
Our Top Picks of 2022
1. Enfamil ProSobee Soy Sensitive Baby Formula – Best Formula for Sensitive Tommy and Constipation
If your baby is allergic to lactose, this is your perfect option for gaseous stomach or constipation problems. It is produced with soya, and so, it is adequate for infants who can find it hard to digest Diary products.
Although it is very costly, the Omega 3 DHA will enhance the immune system.
In addition to this, you will get your peace of mind as baby fussiness will be limited as it is lactose free. This is an alternate for Vegans as it has all the nutrients to match breastfeeding. Enfamil ProSobee Soy Formula caters for your child nutrition throughout his first year in life.
This is due to the DHA ingredient that also helps to build the baby’s mental skills.
Professional healthcare institutions like the FDA also recommend it.
- It does not contain lactose and cow’s milk. Instead of diary, it uses soya
- Contains Omega 3 DHA to boost the immune system and enhance brain development.
- It is packed with enough nutrients to last the whole first year of a child
- It reduces tummy problems and restless baby fuss due to milk irritation
2. Similac Sensitive Infant Formula with Iron – Best for Lactose-sensitive Children
Similac Sensitive is a unique formula for kids who are plagued with tummy issues such as gaseous stomach and constipation.
This product for babies is very similar to the Enfamil product. The significant difference is the presence of Diary milk, which cannot be found in Enfamil.
However, to reduce baby fussiness due to lactose irritation, Similac adds a type of carbohydrate to its ingredient. It’s suitable for lactose-sensitive children who experience constipation.
It can also replace breast milk as it comes with an exclusive nutrient called OptiGRO. OptiGRO is a perfect mix of DHA -Docosahexaenoic Acid, Lutein, and Vitamin E, which are unique nutrients that promote the growth of the baby’s brain and eye.
The formula is easy to digest with a taste that flows smoothly on the child’s belly. In addition to this, the Similac Sensitive formula for infants is fortified to sustain your baby’s health through his/her the entire first year.
It is mixed to promote the general development of the baby as it also makes sure that the brain, eye, and immune system are adequately developed. It is not appropriate for galactosemic children.
- Exclusive OptiGRO nutrient
- Sufficient for the baby’s 12-month development
- Easy to Digest
3. Earth’s Best Organic Dairy Infant Powder Formula – Best Formula For Children With Allergies
There are so many reasons why nursing mothers commonly use this particular formula. One of such reasons is that the Earth’s Infant Formula perfectly matches the nutrient combination that can be found in expressed milk and ordinary milk.
It comes with two options depending on the nature of the baby. You can choose to get a soya-based formula or the milk version.
The two are partly hydrolyzed proteins to solve infant’s fussiness and gassy stomach or digestive issues. With very little lactose content, digesting is made easy for the delicate tummy of your child.
Earth Infant Formula is enhanced with iron to deal with stomach problems. Infant lactose irritation is what usually makes gas to develop in a child’s belly, leading to children dissatisfied and fussy.
It is an excellent choice for children with different food allergies even as it gives all-round nutrient to the body. Vegetarian parents will love this as they wish to develop their baby’s need for vegan foods.
With a better DHA quantity, the Earth Infant formula increases the ability of the child to reason and think effectively.
It is highly recommended by the FDA to suit the nutritional need of a baby through his first year in life. In addition to this, It contains no GMO -Genetically Modified Organism that includes unnatural flavors.
- Omega 3 DHA and Omega 6 ARA
- The GMO-free formula which makes it a vegan’s choice
- Certified by the FDA for general use
4. Similac Pro-Sensitive Infant Formula
This formula was created to eliminate baby fussiness since it is free from lactose explicitly. Instead, it includes significant nutrients that are also found in breast milk, which invigorates and promotes the growth of the immune system of your infant.
This formula remains a perfect pick for a child who is susceptible to lactose as well as suffering from constipation. The Similac Pro-sensitive Infant formula comes with OptiGro nutrients combination – DHA, vitamin E, and Lutein. The same food ingredients that make up the breast milk and will help to build the child’s cognitive skills.
This is why physicians that specialize in child’s health strongly recommend the formula. Similac is for kids with vulnerable tummies as it is a full diet that is sufficient for the development of your baby in his first 12 months on earth as it includes all the significant nutrients for the growth of your baby. Digesting the formula is very easy as your child will not find it difficult to swallow.
- This product boosts the immune system
- It also contains the OptiGro combo for all-round development that matches the breast milk,
- It reduces the child’s fussiness due to lactose irritation
5. Similac Pro-Sensitive Non-GMO Infant Formula
This formula is blended with food nutrients that make it an extraordinary quality. The Non-GMO label attached to it means that it is made from 100% natural ingredients. The Similac Pro-sensitive Non-GMO is your ideal choice for your lactose sensitive infant except galactosemia babies.
The nutrients are perfectly blended to adequately meet the needs of your baby’s first year in life. It is enhanced with 2’-Fl HMO, which will not only increase the performance of the immune system but also resolve the immune problems experienced by infants that are formula-fed and breastfed.
The breakthrough baby formula, 2′-FL HMO in Similac is quickly circulated readily throughout the body, a significant contrast to other types of formulas. The Similac Pro-sensitive Non-GMO is for your baby’s maximum comfort as it eliminates vomiting, constipation, fussiness, and gassy stomach.
Important breast milk constituents like vitamin E is useful for the growth of cells. In addition to Vitamin E, the presence of DHA and Lutein makes up the particular OptiGRO nutrient found in all Similac products. The DHA will enhance your child’s mental skills, while Lutein helps your child’s eye to function correctly.
Similac Non-GMO formula is a top brand of baby formula suggested for use in clinics by nursing mothers.
- It is made from natural ingredients i.e., Non-GMO
- It contains the OptiGRO nutrients – Vitamin E, Lutein and DHA
- It comes with the 2-FL HMO ingredient to build your child’s immune system
6. Enfamil ProSobee Soy Sensitive Baby Formula
Enfamil’s product is one of the best in the world as it is top-rated and generally recommended by many child health practitioners. This particular product makes use of enhanced dietary science to give babies the most exceptional formulas.
It is complete to help the child develop through the first year comfortably with peace of mind.
The Enfamil ProSobee Soy Formula is commonly accessible on web stores and in shops, so there is no danger of problems of accessibility with other products. It is the solution to baby’s sensitive tummy as it is free from lactose and dairy milk and so it is an alternative for breast milk.
When you find out that your child finds it challenging to digest cow milk, the Enfamil ProSobee Soy Formula is what you should get as the content is made of soya.
This way, your child will be free from the gassy belly and other tummy issues like constipation. However, not all babies react positively to Soya flavor, and so you must find out your child’s preference.
- It is Lactose and Diary free
- Contains proteinous soya plant
- Vegetarians love it as it includes kosher dietary supplements
7. Enfamil NeuroPro Ready to Feed Baby Formula Milk
Two main ingredients make Enfamil NeuroPro different from other products, and these are the combination of DHA and MFGM -Milk Fat Globule Membrane. Without doubt, these two ingredients can be found in the breast milk even as they are precisely the equal amount as it is in breast milk.
Therefore, it is no surprise that the Enfamil NeuroPro eliminates fussiness and several other tummy issues experienced by the baby. In addition to this is the digestive proteins added to it.
Enfamil Neuro Pro constitutes about 30 distinct nutrients for the ideal development of your baby. The amount of DHA is doubled in this formula, and so, the cognitive skill of the infants is further enhanced.
With the different mix of nutrients contained in this Enfamil NeuroPro, the immune system of your baby is bound to experience growth and development. Attached to this formula is the easy-to-pour container for nursing mothers whenever they want to feed their child.
- It contains a blend of MFGM and Omega 3 DHA ingredient
- It is free from GMO foods
In all, the Similac and Enfamil products appear to be the leaders in producing the best formula for sensitive tummy and constipation. These two products are certified and recommended by mothers and other healthcare institutions all over the world.
Given the complexities in digestive problems, even the perfect formula for sensitive tummy cannot work on every child. While some infants react to a particular ingredient in a formula, other infants will not.
The real solution for all mothers is to, therefore, find out why the child is gassy and fussy. Afterward, they can get the best formula for sensitive tummy and constipation that fits the child’s specific needs.
Here are some other interesting models that you might like:
- Soothing Nutrition: Modeled after the complete nutrition and gentleness of breastmilk, this formula offers nutrition for babies up to 12 months experiencing...
- Probiotic Formula: Good Start Soothe formula features prebiotics, Comfort Proteins and probiotics that improve the good bacteria in tummies and promote soft...
- Give Your Baby a Good Start: Your baby’s nutritional needs evolve over time. That's why we created the Gerber Good Start line. Made to comfort your baby's...
- Wholesome Options: Introduce your infant to complimentary staged products like single grain Cereals and 1st Foods fruit and veggie purees with Gerber infant...
- Nutrition For Growing: Like your baby, we're always growing and learning. More than ever we're committed to being your partner in parenthood with quality...
- LOVE YOUR GUT, LOVE YOUR WHOLE BODY: Our Dr. Formulated Once Daily Women’s Probiotic has prebiotics and probiotics for women, with 16 diverse Lacto and Bifido...
- LET’S HEAR IT FOR THE GIRLS: Our Once Daily Women's probiotic supplement is doctor formulated for women's specific health needs, promoting her health with...
- YOU GO GIRL: What a relief—our one a day provides Organic prebiotic fiber to help feed good bacteria in the gut & Probiotic strains hand selected for their...
- IMMUNE SYSTEM SUPPORT WITH CONVENIENCE IN MIND: Our 50 Billion one a day probiotic for women's immune health comes in a shelf stable, easy-to-swallow vegetarian...
- EXPERTLY FORMULATED PREBIOTIC + PROBIOTIC: Proudly doctor formulated, Third Party Certified Non GMO, NSF Gluten Free & Carbon Neutral and Vegetarian, Dairy Free...
- One 32 oz. container of Earth's Best Organic Low Lactose Sensitivity Infant Formula with Iron, Milk-Based Powder
- DHA & ARA: naturally found in breast milk for baby's brain & eye development
- Low lactose, easy-to-digest, Whey dominant formula with a blend of carbohydrates that is gentle on babies' tummies
- Recipe crafted with USDA-Certified Organic and non-GMO ingredients
- Nourishes your little one without any artificial colors or flavors
- Lymphatic System Support: The lymphatic system is a network of tissues and organs integral to our immune systems. It provides us with immune support through its...
- Multiple Benefits: This Lymphatic Support Herbal Blend Support is formulated to assist the lymphatic system by supporting immune function and providing...
- Easy-to-Take Liquid Drops: No more hard-to-swallow pills or capsules! Shake well before use. Take 1 mL (30 drops) 1 to 3 times a day, as needed or as...
- Vegan Formula: Per Serving (1 mL): Proprietary Blend: Organic Echinacea Root, Organic European and Dwarf Elder Berry, Organic Plantain Leaf, Organic Graviola...
- For Most Lifestyles: Organically Grown Herbs, Ethically Wild Harvested or Selectively Cultivated, USDA Organic, Non-GMO, Certified Vegan, No Synthetic or...
- 60 Billion Cfus Max Strength: Our probiotic actually contains 60 Billion Cfus per serving. Other brands claim it, but beware of deception. Some products say...
- Probiotics and Organic Prebiotics: Our probiotics are made with prebiotics and probiotics based on clinical research. A complete probiotic supplement for...
- Naturally Inspired Probiotic Supplement: Contains 10 strains plus a Patented Shelf-Stable bottle which ensures product stability. Our probiotic daily blend plus...
- Probiotics for Adults: Our prebiotics and probiotics are effective and intended for use by adults. Acidophilus probiotic with prebiotic including 10 strains:...
- Safety Assured Standard of Quality: Our 60 Billion Probiotic is 3rd-party tested for purity and potency. Each bottle is manufactured in the USA using imported...
- Supports Digestive Health: Dr. Tobias Colon Cleanse supports healthy and regular bowel movement and elimination to remove build-up in the gut and cleanse toxins...
- Advanced Cleansing Formula: Includes 28 capsules (1-2 per day) made with the finest herbs, fibers and probiotics, optimized for an effective 14-day cleanse and...
- A Bowel Cleanse for Overall Health: The gut plays a vital role in overall health and your immune system. Use a colon detox in conjunction with a healthy...
- Premium Quality for 100% Satisfaction: Our colon cleanse supplements are made in an FDA registered facility that follows GMP (Good Manufacturing Process)...
- Environmental Accountability: We take environmental responsibility seriously, continually look for ways to improve. We have made big strides in removing all our...
- DOCTOR FORMULATED PROBIOTICS FOR DAILY DIGESTIVE AND IMMUNE SUPPORT: Once Daily Men's Probiotic provides 50 Billion CFU and 15 Probiotic Strains including...
- DIGESTION SUPPORT PROBIOTICS FOR MEN BY GARDEN OF LIFE: Our 50 Billion once daily vegetarian probiotic supplement has Lactobacillus acidophilus and...
- ORGANIC PREBIOTICS FOR MEN: Men's Once Daily is a probiotic supplement and prebiotic supplement with Organic Potato & Organic Acacia prebiotic fiber to help...
- PROBIOTIC POTENCY GUARANTEED THROUGH EXPIRATION: We begin with high levels of probiotics to ensure viability, even if the product is warm for a few days during...
- THIRD-PARTY CERTIFIED NON-GMO AND GLUTEN-FREE: Proudly manufactured following current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs); Dairy & Soy Free and Third-Party...
- Get Digestive Comfort Now – Ultra Strength 1000 MG Dose of clinical grade digestive enzymes and a 10 billion CFU 10 strain probiotic with prebiotics. Get...
- Goodbye Hard-to-Digest Foods – This formula features our Advanced Multi Enzyme System to help you digest fried, spicy, raw, processed food, dairy, protein,...
- Relieve Gas, Belly Bloating / Bloat, Constipation, Leaky, Indigestion, Reflux, Belching & Acid Discomfort! Aid gut health, beauty, weight management, & bloated...
- Complete digestive enzyme pills complex blend with essential organic blue agave heart, inulin, amylase / amilasa, papain, protease A, invertase, cellulase,...
- Proudly made in the USA in a GMP certified manufacturing facility, 3rd Party Tested, and a 100% satisfaction money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with...
- Phillips’ Colon Health Probiotic Capsules provide 4 in 1 symptom defense against four occasional digestive issues: gas, bloating, constipation, and diarrhea
- Product Note: Exposure to heat or sunlight may lead to melting/damage of product. Hence customers are expected to be available during the product delivery
- Diet, stress and travel can upset your usual digestive balance. Phillips’ probiotic capsules help replenish the balance of good bacteria in the colon.
- Contains 3 types of specially selected probiotics: Lactobacillus Gasseri KS 13, Bifidobacterium Bifidum G9 1, and Bifidobacterium longum MM 2
- Unlike some other brands, Phillips’ Colon Health promises 1.5 Billion CFU’s at time of expiry
- The Ultimate Body Detox
- Helps Remove Waste Pounds