Pregnant? Or even planning to conceive?……. A balanced and healthy diet filled up with essential nutrients is key to have a healthy baby.
If the mom eats healthy, the baby comes out to be Super Healthy ☺
Being super conscious, you are trying your best to include all essential nutrients (iron, zinc, copper, vitamins and folate) in your meals. But you might be falling short somewhere in these elements.
This is where, prenatal vitamins with iron and DHA (and other nutrients) come into action. They fulfill the gaps that you might be missing while consuming the meals.
The most important (and must-have) nutrients for a healthy pregnancy include:
- Folic acid
- Vitamins B, C, D, A and E
What are Prenatal Vitamins (with Iron and DHA) ?
You might be thinking why you need chewable prenatal vitamins with iron and dha, when you are already consuming a healthy diet.
Prenatal Vitamins ensure to fill up any nutritional gaps in your diet. They are equipped with extra iron, calcium and other necessary nutrients that fulfill the health requirements you and the little champ need.
As per the guidelines of WHO (World Health Organization), the mommies-to-be need to have 30 to 60 milligrams of iron every day. Similarly, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists recommend having 600 mcg of Folic acid and 600 mg of Calcium for healthy development of a baby.
Other than these mentioned elements, some more vital nutrients include:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B6
Besides iron, calcium and vitamins, it is highly recommended to choose prenatal vitamins that offer omega-3 fatty acids as well. DHA is one of those omega-3 fatty acids.
It is the fat that is found in fish oil and plays a pivotal role in making baby’s brain strong with a robust nervous system.
A 200 mg of DHA is recommended to be included in the daily supplementation to give your baby a healthy development.
Best Chewable Prenatal Vitamins with Iron and DHA (and other Nutrients)
Whether look for chewable or gummy prenatal vitamins with iron and DHA, there is a wide range available to choose from. You have soft gels, gummies and other options to consume from.
We have selected some of the best chewable prenatal vitamins with iron and DHA that will keep you and baby healthy through your pregnancy journey.
1. Nature Made Prenatal Multi + 200 mg DHA
We have made it top of the list. Among many of the easily chewable prenatal vitamins with iron and DHA, this ‘Nature Made’ product is definitely the right shot.
It is a budget-pick prenatal vitamin with iron and DHA that offers enough 200 mg of DHA.
The Nature Made Prenatal Vitamin + DHA is formulated to give your baby a healthy development with the right amount of folic acid, iron and DHA.
DHA is one of the omega-3 fatty acids that plays a significant role in developing baby’s brain and eyes. Consuming the recommended amount of DHA is therefore a must for pregnant women.
So, if you are one of those mommies-to-be who hate fish, this is the perfect chewable prenatal vitamin with iron and DHA that will provide benefits of fish. It further offers other necessary nutrients that include all 8 essential B vitamins with fat soluble vitamins A, C, D, E and K.
- Gluten free prenatal vitamin
- Soft gel based prenatal vitamin with 90 capsules in a bottle.
- Take one capsule daily
- For easy swallowing, take it with water.
2. One A Day Women’s Prenatal 1 Multivitamin
Don’t want the giant sized capsules? One A Day Women’s 1 Prenatal Multivitamin makes it easier with its soft gel capsules.
This chewable prenatal vitamin has lots of iron and DHA with sufficient amount of calcium. Consuming one capsule a day will give you a power pack of essential nutrients. And you will not need any other prenatal vitamin for calcium.
One A Day Women’s Prenatal 1 Multivitamin is specially formulated to be used before, during and even after pregnancy. So, you will be getting all key nutrients with this only supplement to support your baby’s healthy development.
- Free of gluten and artificial sweeteners
- 90 soft gels in a bottle
- Take one soft gel daily
- 100% value of folic acid, DHA and calcium
- Can be used after pregnancy for prolonged benefits
3. New Chapter Prenatal DHA Wholemega Fish Oil Supplement
Falling short on omega-3 acids?
Just consume one pill of New Chapter Prenatal DHA and you will have the same amount of whole omega fatty acids you can have with three servings of Wild Alaskan Salmon.
- 90 soft gels in one bottle
- Supports healthy fetal development with omega-3 fatty acids
- Contains 17 omega fatty acids
- Best for prenatal and postnatal stages to give moms and babies perfect health
- Free of artificial flavors, sweeteners and cod liver oil
4. Garden of Life Organics Prenatal Multivitamin Supplement with Folate
To strengthen the neural tube development of your baby, you must get a right amount of iron and folate.
Garden of Life Organics Prenatal Multivitamin is a particularly formulated supplement that fills up you and baby’s nutrient requirements. The product is made from nutritious and organic whole foods. Therefore, it does not have any side effects.
Each serving of this amazing prenatal vitamin offers 21 vital nutrients that include vitamins C, D3, E and K with a sufficient amount of folate, iron, biotin, calcium and zinc.
The key feature of this prenatal vitamin is its significant offering of iron and folate that are mandatory for a defect-free neural tube development. Its three-tablet serving gives 800 mcg of folate, 18 mg of iron and 1000 IU of whole food vitamin D3.
- 180 tablets in one bottle
- Made up with nutritious and organic whole foods
- Designed for pre-conception, pregnancy and lactation support
- Supports healthy fetal and neural tube development with 180 mg iron and 800 mg Folate
- Also contains 21 essential vitamins and minerals like vitamins B12, C, D3, E and K
5. Enfamil Expecta Prenatal Multivitamin and DHA Supplement
In the list of chewable prenatal vitamins with iron and DHA, Enfamil Expecta Prenatal is a budget-friendly option.
The product offers lots of multivitamins with right amount of DHA. It is packaged as a box that contains 60 tablets that is equivalent to a full diet to support the baby’s strong development. With more DHA , it supports baby’s brain development. While the 100% value of iron strengthens baby’s central nervous system.
- 1 Box contains 60 tablets
- Supports brain development with more Vitamin D.
- Fulfills your and baby’s nutritional needs before and during pregnancy and while breastfeeding
6. Nordic Naturals Prenatal DHA
For boosting the DHA intake, Nordic Naturals Prenatal DHA is the right option to go for. Its single serving offers 480 mg of DHA that is definitely more than the required amount,
Although, it additional offers vitamin D for strong bones. But with respect to iron, it does not contain iron, folic acid and other vitamins.
So, you must take any other prenatal vitamins alongside Nordic Naturals to have the boosted DHA.
- 90 soft gels in a bottle
- DHA filled supplement
- 400 U.I and Vitamin D3 to support strong bones and smart brain development
7. Garden of Life Prenatal Omega-3 Fish Oil
Looking for more chewable or gummy prenatal vitamins with iron and DHA?
One more option to consider is Garden of Life Prenatal Omega-3 Fish Oil that provides a full serving of DHA.
The prenatal vitamin is formulated to give 465 mg DHA per serving, so you will have a boosted support for strong brain development for your baby.
It not only supports strong development of infants and children, but enhances breast milk as well. The formula is perfect to be used during pregnancy and lactation period for quality feed.
For iron intake, you will need an extra supplement as this prenatal vitamin basically takes care of your DHA needs.
- 60 soft gels in a packaging
- Delightful lemon flavor with no fish smell
- One soft gel has a total of 600 mg omega-3 nutrients
- Supports prenatal health, breastfeeding and lactation
8. Smarty Pants Prenatal Complete Daily Gummy Vitamins
Want most of the essential nutrients in one supplement?
Smarty Pants Prenatal Gummy Vitamins give you the perfect solution.
Smarty Pants chewable prenatal vitamins give a formulation that fulfills the specific nutrients levels required for a healthy pregnancy. Having 15 essential nutrients, this prenatal vitamin supports normal early fetal development with a right amount of folate. Along with iodine, it gives your baby a strong nervous system with ideal brain development.
Omega-3 EPA and DHA are also therein to further support brain development. And Vitamin B12 is also included for energy and Vitamin E for antioxidant support. With Vitamin D3, the baby will have a strong immune system and bone health.
- 180 gummies in one bottle
- One delicious gummy tablet fulfills 15 essential nutrients
- Free of artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners
- Supports early fetal development with strong bones and immune system
9. Vitafusion Prenatal Gummy Vitamins
Another source to have a reasonable level of DHA is Vitafusion Prenatal Gummy Vitamins.
You are going to love the great lemon and raspberry flavors. The formula fulfills the need of folic acid and 50 mg of Omega-3 DHA.
- Gluten-free prenatal gummy vitamin
- One bottle contains 90 gummy tablets
- Nice taste of lemon and raspberry flavors
- Provides folic acid and 50 mg of omega-3 DHA
- Contains no iron, so it doesn’t feel heavy on stomach
- For iron requirements, you will need any other supplement
10. MegaFood Baby & Me – Prenatal and Postnatal Vitamin
Another option in the list of chewable prenatal vitamins with iron and DHA is MegaFood Baby & Me Prenatal (and Postnatal) vitamin. Though, it doesn’t contain DHA or omega-3 fatty acids, but it is a great source to fulfill iron needs.
Designed with whole foods, the formula provides essential vitamins and minerals that are necessary for you and baby. With nurturing prenatal blend, this prenatal vitamin provides herbs to support the mommies’ strength, moods and balance during pregnancy.
It supports a healthy development of baby with 800 mcg of Folate which is critical in the early stages of baby development. With necessary vitamins, this prenatal vitamin gives pregnant and breastfeeding women all essential elements. This enhances their lactation capability while breastfeeding their babies.
- One bottle has 120 tablets
- Fulfills the need of folic acid and iron
- One serving gives 800 mcg of folate for a healthy development of baby at early stages
- Natural and whole food form of ingredients make the prenatal vitamin easy to digest
- Contains no omega-3 nutrients (like DHA), so consider taking one more supplement for DHA.
You must stay healthy and active for delivering a healthy baby.
The listed chewable prenatal vitamins with iron and DHA 9or any other option you may find) come out to be of great use when it comes to get extra doses of iron, DHA and essential vitamins.
Taking a prenatal vitamin may get you feel heavy if it includes high amounts of iron. Try to keep hydrated and include more fiber in your diet to eliminate such conditions. Consulting with your gynecologist will further help you finding the right prenatal vitamin with iron and DHA as per your medical situation.